As a family we love books. I have enjoyed reading to each of my children since I was pregnant with them. In fact when I was pregnant with my eldest I bought the book ‘No Matter What’ by Debbie Gliori which has been re-named our special book by my eldest.
We are firm lovers on anything written by Julia Donaldson and often re-read her books. Master 5 is interested in factual books particularly if they are about dinosaurs or reptiles. We also love books which we can get creative ideas, experiments and information from.
Books are so important in many ways. I’ve always loved snuggling up with my children to read a book and have some special time together. Sometimes it is the only way that I can make them sit still for a while! Books are great for language development, early reading, word recognition, structure of stories, bonding, language and communication and most importantly spending time together. There is something very comforting about sharing a book and re reading old favourites time and time again.
On this page I will be devising a list of our favourite books which will be an on going list as we discover new books and as our interests change and develop.
Books we love
- No Matter What by Debbie Gliori
- The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson
- Stick Man by Julia Donaldson
- There’s a House Inside my Mummy by Giles Andreae
- ‘Recipes for Play’ by Rachel Sumner and Ruth Mitchener
- Pip and Posy: The Super Scooter by Axel Scheffler
- Step by step Drawing Animals by Candice Whatmore
- See Inside Weather and Climate by Katie Daynes and Russell Tate
- Mary Berry’s Baking Bible by Mary Berry